Wednesday 24 May 2017

Maybe this love - Jennifer Snow

Hockey player Ben Westmore has some serious skills---on and off the ice---and he's not above indulging in the many perks of NHL stardom. When a night in Vegas ends in disaster, he realizes two things: 1) it's time to lie low for a while, and 2) he needs a lawyer---fast. But the smoking-hot woman who walks into his office immediately tests all his good intentions.

Olivia Davis doesn't need anyone derailing her career---or her dreams of starting a family---least of all a skirt-chasing player like Ben. But soon he's unleashing a full-court press to convince her that he's the real deal. She's slowly falling for his sweet, rugged charm, but with so much on the line, Olivia has to decide whether Ben can truly change---or if he's just playing the game.

My thoughts:
He was drunk, he did something stupid and now he needs to get out of his mess. And honestly it was not a bad thing he did. But yes still a mess. And sure he was a player, but I can forgive that. He just needed the right woman ;)

Olivia liked her job, she was focused and she wanted a baby. She is also the opposing lawyer. But how sparks flew. But she should stay away. But damn he was fine. Though how she could be all I can't do that, when she did not even tell him her secret.

They can't date but they grow closer. I liked that he wanted her, and she, well she does want a family and thinks he can't give her that. Being a player and all.

And there is hockey too of course, it's a sports romance after all. He plays hockey and should focus so he does not croak. It's Stanley Cup after all! At least I get hockey so I liked that.

Conclusion:
Will they wont they. Yes they will

Cover
Cute


Kindle Edition, 300 pages
Expected publication: May 30th 2017 by Forever
Colorado Ice #2
Contemporary romance
Netgalley

42 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun story! I don't know what it is about sports romances, but I love them. Even though I hate sports IRL. LOL! I'll check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a fan of sports romances, even for sports that I love. Glad you enjoyed it. That cover is cute, but doesn't say hockey at all.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read many books with sports in them but this sounds like an interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried a Hockey story yet but I have one so I'll see

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea for hockey. I wouldn't have guessed based on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it would have looked weird with all that spring

      Delete
  6. The fact that he wants her and she wants a serious relationship with him but he's a play boy reminds me of Rafael and jane's relationship in Jane the virgin! :D
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, man. I went back and forth on this one, and in the end decided I just couldn't fit it in. But damn. I do love that cover!

    Great review. I'm glad you enjoyed this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same but I went for it, the cover was too cute to miss

      Delete
  8. I haven't heard of this one before but I love a good hockey romance. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Based on the cover, I would not have pegged this one for a sports romance at all!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess there was not a lot of sports in it, some sport romances are set in the world. Here it was more the lawyer world

      Delete
  10. LOL about hockey and the Cup. No time for romance during the playoffs ha ha! Well maybe he can squeeze in a LITTLE time lol. Wonder what he did in Vegas?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love hockey players in romance novels. Not so much in real life. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm sounds like a fun situation and I love a Stanley Cup hockey player scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a Canadian, I'm practically duty-bound to enjoy all Stanley Cup stories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cover is not at all the typical sports romance cover. I figured you'd see very little hockey, but sounds like the author does a good job adding it in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes not a lot of hockey in it, it's more he says he is doing it, but we do not see much of it

      Delete
  15. Never heard of this one before, but I like how it sounds. Yay for sports romance.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh boy - being drunk can do some terrible things

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP